Old February 14th 05, 06:27 PM
Caveat Lector

Don't hold you breath
The airways are still free to hurl info to the world.
Unlike the internet and cable/satellite) TV

The automobile is ancient technology and it is still around
Light bulbs and telephones too !!!!

--
Caveat Lector (Reader Beware)
Help The New Hams

wrote in message
oups.com...
Honestly, I have enjoyed listening to shortwave for a number of years,
and still enjoy it very much. Radio Japan, BBC, Radio New Zealand,
CBC, Radio Tiawan, CHina...etc.

Approxiately how much longer will broadcast shortwave, be around? I
hear alot of people say its dying. And being an older technology,
perhaps it is. I know that most people my age, don't even know what a
shortwave radio is, or what it does. They have never even heard of
shortwave.

How much longer does it have?