Old February 14th 05, 06:31 PM
Dubious One

It all ends tomorrow at noon. Feel free to send me any and all of your
shortwave gear and I will personally see that it gets a decent burial. It is
an end to an era....my condolences to shortwave listening.

No, all kidding aside, shortwave radio is not coming to an end. As
technology advances, so will monitoring equipment. Just as in digital
scanners, the hobby will keep up with technology - it always has. There will
be doomsayers and pessimists to argue the point, but just watch - shortwave
radio isn't disappearing. If it were, there wouldn't be technical enginners
at Icom and Yaesu right now developing next years' new top of the line
transceivers and receivers. Hang on to your radios, and your wood-burning
stoves. There is much to be said for tradition and simplicity.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Honestly, I have enjoyed listening to shortwave for a number of years,
and still enjoy it very much. Radio Japan, BBC, Radio New Zealand,
CBC, Radio Tiawan, CHina...etc.

Approxiately how much longer will broadcast shortwave, be around? I
hear alot of people say its dying. And being an older technology,
perhaps it is. I know that most people my age, don't even know what a
shortwave radio is, or what it does. They have never even heard of
shortwave.

How much longer does it have?