Old February 14th 05, 09:42 PM

What I need to do is take out the street lights!

Since you have a Wellbrook, build the cables and do the car battery
trick. You will probably need one of those cigarette lighter boxes
that increase the number of outlets.

Be sure to check out the cables for shorts. I really don't like those
coaxial connectors. You need to use heat shrink to make sure nothing
shorts. What I do is get junk wall warts just for the cable and coaxial
power connector, then solder the cigarette lighter connector. The
cigarette lighter connectors are pretty foolproof.

Ferrite is good stuff, but one noise source are those cat5 cables which
I beleive you can't use a ferrite without degrading the network. I know
they sell shielded cat5, but I wonder if the extra capacitance will
cause network problems.