Old February 15th 05, 03:56 AM
Michael

Default antenna expirement flops

I just wanted to share the results an antenna experiment I did tonight. In
the rain, no less.

The antenna was simple. 300 feet of solid core 20 gauge copper wire. I ran
it from the 500 ohm connector of my R-75, out of the shack and all the way
into the back yard. The yard extends about 200 feet, so I had to double the
wire back in the direction of the shack for 100 feet.

No mater what I tune the dial to, I'm getting splashed from the local 50
kilowatt am stations. The preselector doesn't clean it up either.

Every time I exceed 200 feet of wire, I have the same problem.

Weird...

Michael