Old February 15th 05, 01:44 PM
Vinnie S.

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 23:18:29 -0500, Vinnie S. wrote:

Astron RS-35M took care of that. At least I now have a supply for my ham rig
when I get it. Thanks for eveyone's help here.

Vinnie S.

Well, I of the 2 problems is solved. The cutting out on SSB after 3 seconds is
solved. The Astron took care of that.

But I am still having that "carrier" problem on SSB. For some reason, as soon as
I speak into the mic, the radio holds power, as if it were on AM. The TX meter
on the radio shows this, and the SWR/power meter shows this. The power is not
fluctuating with modulation. The power is not high, about 20 watts peak. Seem
the previous owner had it turned down. Like I said, it seems to do this as soon
as I speak into the mic. Even a subtle noise will send it to max, and stay
there. Changed mics, and have the same problem.

I am going t try this in the car and see what I get.

Vinnie S.