Old February 15th 05, 04:14 PM
Eric F. Richards

I don't know of any ham fests around here. Besides I have obtained a
wealth of knowledge from many of the guys right on this newsgroup.

Try he

http://www.arrl.org/hamfests.html

....usually at any given hamfest, there are people from the next one
handing out flyers for it and its location.

For $100, I bought an R-392 (Plus Lambda power supply) and a FRG-7 at
a fest. There often are receivers there at bargain prices. Because
of money concerns I recently had to pass up a mint-condition HRO for
$100. (I cried. A lot.) That one sold within the first 5 minutes of
the fest.

--
Eric F. Richards

"Nature abhors a vacuum tube." -- Myron Glass,
often attributed to J. R. Pierce, Bell Labs, c. 1940