Old February 16th 05, 01:12 AM
Mike Coslo

Caveat Lector wrote:

Someone wrote;
Q codes are for morse only. People who use Q codes on voice or text are
boring.

I agree that generally there is no reason to use Q-codes on voice.

But there are 600,000 + hams in the USA most using Q-Codes on voice even
VHF, and ya ain't gonna change that, so I suggest you know the basic ones
when they come at you.

It is jargon, just like RAM, ROM, HDD, CD, DVD, and all the computer
alphabet soup.

THe only one that bothers me is when someone says HI HI. The CW use is
obviously needed, but if you can't actually laugh at what somone said in
conversation, it couldn't be very funny.

- Mike KB3EIA -