Old February 16th 05, 05:05 AM
Cmd Buzz Corey

Todd Daugherty wrote:

There are many ham radio operators who misunderstand this paper so I'll give
a little example. Say I run a store, and in this store is empty boxes for
sale. Now often I would get someone to come into my store but no one would
buy my boxes. The reason for that is all I offer..the boxes. Now if I had a
variety of stuff to offer the business would pickup and I would be able to
compete with other stores. The same is true with amateur radio. If amateur
radio is to survive in the digital age outdated modes of communication won't
cut it. For amateur radio to survive they are going to have to offer
something besides an easy way to get a license. Amateurs will have to
compete in the sense that they are going to have to offer something that
would get people to join the service. Like I said for amateurs to compete in
the digital era out dated modes of communication and half ass forms of
communication aren't going to cut. Amateur radio will die because amateur
radio will have nothing to offer except those half ass modes and outdated
communications

Todd N9OGL

????????? How does empty boxes relate to Amateur Radio. I do know of
stores that make quite a bit of money selling empty boxes, so you must
be doing something terribly wrong toddyboy.