Old February 16th 05, 12:59 AM
uncle arnie

FDR wrote:

"luckydaze" wrote in message
3 gun men open fire with automatic weapons in a NY mall shooting serveral
people.

They were wearing all black and had machine guns.
What does that tell you?

They shot people randomly also.

Watch then try and cover it up..

Hey, a tribute to the Republicans for letting the assault weapon law ban
end. Let's put more in the hands of terrorists.

Lucky

Gotta wade in here and expand the OT more OT (as if the topic has never been
over discussed here):
Gun laws will not prevent determined people (terrorists or other criminals).
They may prevent some crimes of passion - data is scarce on that. They
probably prevent some drive-byes. Well, its hard to have a drive by
knifing. (okay that's a joke). I think the culture and structure of a
society is mostly responsible for violence. Canada didn't have gun laws
until about 20 years ago and now has very stringent ones - at terrible
expense (we don't know about scandal --- Yet!). Violence with firearms has
always been less here than the USA. In my province there is no enforcement
of the federal gun law - too expensive for too little return for one thing.
There were 600-700 murders in Canada last year - 32 million people - about
the same as L.A. How many there? Probably many things together account for
violence in a society.