Old February 16th 05, 04:34 PM
W9DMK

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:31:54 -0600, me wrote:

Excellent idea...I can envision a couple N or UHF connectors on either
side of the wall, and the entry point is indeed near the ground system
so that too is feasible. Thanks for the tip...there are others coming
in but this sounds very feasible and relatively easy!

No, sorry, that is not what I had in mind and should have cleared that
up right at the outset.

I never use coax connectors in this situation, although I suppose you
could. I simply connect balanced line to the innter conductors of the
coax's on each side of the balanced coax segment. If you want a quick
disconnect, I use a pair of the General Radio type Banana plugs just
inside the shack. They are convenient for several reasons.
1) they seem to be able to stand the power level.

2) the spacing on the wire connectors is exactly right for 450 ohm
window line, and

3)they are hermaphroditic - i.e., they plug into one another either
way.

Bob, W9DMK, Dahlgren, VA
Replace "nobody" with my callsign for e-mail
http://www.qsl.net/w9dmk
http://zaffora/f2o.org/W9DMK/W9dmk.html