Old February 16th 05, 09:35 PM
Brian Hill

"bpnjensen" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hate to pick nits, Brian, but liberal and nazi are diametrically

opposed.
Nazis are ultra-conservative. Actually, I can't figure out why the far
end
of liberalism is considered to be communism. From the standpoint of
freedom,
it's virtually impossible to tell a real difference between fascism on
the
right and communism on the left.. they've met in the middle 'round the
back..

The problem, I think, Brenda, is that fascism can be practiced by
*anybody* as long as one allows intolerance and tunnel vision to rule
one's attitudes and actions. Nobody is immune, not liberals or
conservatives, not Christians or Muslims, not nazis or Communists. On
this list, we unfortunately have a number of people who, if given
enough power, might fit the description, if one assumes their posts to
be true reflections of their character. I tend toward the opinion that
it is largely bluster, that most on here are just trying to get a rise
out of others - sort of being a bully with no repercussions.

Brian was just acting the part of the insulting bully with his
comments, just because he can - so common on these newsgroups. I don't
blame him - the temptation to mistreat people with whom you disagree
can be powerful; I know it is for me.

Bruce Jensen

It's all in jest. I just don't agree with extreme views on either side that
affect my rights and have little or no effect on the problems they try to
correct.

B.H.