Old February 17th 05, 04:01 AM
me

Hi Doc...

There is an awning type window, however penetrating or replacing it is
not feasible. In this particular part of the house, eaves & attic are
not accessible and don't route to the hamshack.

However today I discovered two parallel runs of 1/2" Heliax which I
installed in the late 70's and which have been abandoned and
forgotten. These already exit up the hamshack wall, through the sole
plate just above ground level, and route over the deck and underground
to the location of a former tower. They can easily be cut off, and
their center conductors used as the feed through...once cut I believe
total length would be perhaps 6 to 10 feet; not ideal but would not
require any new construction.

The planned open wire line will be 600 ohm type with about 5"
spacing...need to figure a way to use banana plugs, gator clips or
something like that to make the transition from wire to the center
copper of the Heliaz...maybe solder some copper tubing over the Heliax
center? A trip to the hardware store is in order.

Thanks and 73

Dan (K0DAN)

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:56:28 GMT, 'Doc wrote:

Dan,
Have a window fairly close to your transmitter/tuner? Replace
the glass with plexiglass, or drill a couple of holes in the glass,
or make a 'spacer' to fit in the window opening.
How about through the eaves, to attic, through ceiling?
'Doc