Old February 17th 05, 04:18 AM
Tom Tretheway

Default Cushcraft A27010S Problem

My new Cushcraft 2meter/70cm antenna is a very poor performer; so poor
that something must be wrong. The only thing that doesn't check out are the
"Reddi Match" elements. Should the outside tube of the "Reddi Match"
elements have continuity with the center conductor of the coax, and thus the
beam, and thus ground, like a folded dipole? Neather of mine do. There is
no "physical" connection between the coax center conductor and the driven
elements of the antenna.
All I can think of is that there are insulated elements inside the
"Reddi Match" tubes which radiate to and from the driven elements. After
checking everything, this is all that I can find odd.
Does anyone have experience with this model of Cushcraft, or a similar
design, who can tell me if this is normal? Thank you in advance.

Tom