Old August 2nd 03, 06:11 AM
Mike Knudsen

In article ,
(Dbowey) writes:

Very good question. Could it be that some version of the receiver used a dual
gang switch that disabled the AGC when the bfo was turned on? If I can find
an SX99 schematic I'll check for differences.

Almost every rx of that era required you to turn off the AGC when using the
BFO, except for some high-end jobs that picked off the AGC ahead of the BFO
injection.

The Halli engineers who designed the SX-99 would have been doing everyone a
favor by adding the extra switch gang to cut off the AGC when using BFO.

This auto-mode switching was carried to further extremems later on by all
makers. --Mike K.

Oscar loves trash, but hates Spam! Delete him to reply to me.