Old February 17th 05, 02:31 PM
Harold Burton

"Buck" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 03:32:48 -0500, "cl" wrote:

As for the competency, I hate to admit it, but sometimes what I see
leads me to believe my IQ must be about 250. That isn't to offend
those with high IQ's as those who have a real-life 200 IQ must be the
equivalent of about 600 now.

Oh well, off the soapbox.

I wonder if there would be any interest in long-range fox hunts (not
the QRP version.)

--
73 for now
Buck

Being one of the new nocode techs, I have no illusions re my overall radio
technical competency. I have one slight advantage over my newbie brethren
though. Having been a Jr. High shop teacher (woodwork, metalwork, drafting,
and electricity) I at least have some idea where to look for info that will
allow me to identify basic electronic components. Perhaps with license
upgrades I'll widen my knowledge and competency base, but for now antenna
building is my main DIY interest and such expertise is not yet required.
Your comments on IQs is interesting. Many businesses, after laying off older
workers for years, seem to be actively seeking elders again. Perhaps they've
decided that it's desirable to have at least some employees that can both
read and make change without a pocket calculator.(G)

Harold
KD5SAK