Old February 17th 05, 08:35 PM
Frank Gilliland

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:26:36 -0600, itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge
wrote in
:

Frank Gilliland wrote in
:

They do some smaller speed-traps here in WA. I can't remember if it
was Bellingham or Chelan, but one of those two towns has speed boards
in the school zones, and you better be driving -under- the speed limit
or they'll pull you over.

Frank do you mean the trailer type of speed board? or Pole mounted??
I can see a gung ho cop pulling you over in a school zone, they don't
need radar to pull you over. A trained officer can estimate your speed,
he get's what is called a tracking history where he visually sites you,
for a period of time then confirms this with the radar. As stated though
speeding tickets are almsot always pled down to non point related fine.
Most cops can write you for many things that will stick, 1 or 2 mph over
won't be one of them.

I don't know..... I've driven through a lot of small towns and some of
them are real anal about anyone breaking their local ordinances. Some
places even have signs under the speed limit marker saying "Strictly
Enforced", and around these parts that's usually the truth. Even
Spokane has "emphasis patrols" that they publicize on the news
-before- the fact just to give people warning, but they end up writing
gobs of tickets anyway. So as far as I'm concerned, if the speed limit
is 55 I'll stay below it so there won't be any doubt.