Old February 17th 05, 11:11 PM
running dogg

RHF wrote:

RD,
.
It helps if you give your 'location' in such a inquiry.
.
Country - State - Metro-Area (Nearest City)
.
It does you no good to get "Receiption Reports" from Boston, MA,
Miami, FL. or Toronto, ON. Mexico City if you live in San Diego, CA.

Sorry. Sacramento, California. I knew I was forgetting something.
.
Some noise problems like you cite are in-fact world-wide
but far more are simply local noise or regional conditions.
.
I will be monitored 9.525 MHz and 5.975 MHz during the general
time period that you indicate 'to-see-what-I-can-Hear' coming from
the BBC and report back to you.
.
Icom IC-R75 and these Shortwave Antennas :
.
* NS Low Noise Inverted "L" Antenna - 75/25 Foot
#14 AWG Stranded (19) with a RF Junkie "SWL-1" 10:1 MLB
and RG8 Coax Cable Feed-in-Line
.
* EW Low Noise Inverted "L" Antenna - 30/15 Foot
#20 AWG Hook-Up Wire with a TV type 300 Ohm to 75 Ohm
Matching Transformer and RG6 Coax Cable Feed-in-Line.
.
* Shield RG8 Coax Cable Single Turn Loop Antenna - 13 Foot
NS with Pre-Amp #2 engaged
.
* Shield RG6 Coax Cable Inverted Triangle Loop Antenna - 30 Foot
EW with Pre-Amp #2 engaged.
.
'to-see-what-i-can-hear' - now there is something to think about ~ RHF
OK-Land, Cali-4-Ni-A, USofA
37:47:02 N
122:13:55 W
.
.

You're pretty close to me, I'm about 90 miles inland from you, so if
this problem affects more than just my neighborhood you should be able
to hear it.