Old February 18th 05, 03:42 AM
Brian Denley

dxAce wrote:

No real benefit compared to sideband selectable sync, other than the
fact that you have sync. Take for example the R8 and R8A, they both
have sync on both sidebands at once, compared to the better sideband
selectable sync on the R8B.

Drake advertises the R8 and R8A as having 'sideband selectable sync' but you
have to use the passband offset to select one side or the other. Certainly
not as good as the R8B detector. Interestingly the RX-350 (and some other
receivers) give you the choice of both sides, lsb or usb. I guess if there
is no adjacent interference, the 'both' choice is OK but I still don't see
what the benefit is over a choosing the sync with one sideband.

--
Brian Denley