Old February 18th 05, 06:11 PM
Richard Clark

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 16:12:19 -0000, "Richard"
wrote:

Futher: Some time ago I did download 4nec2, and obtained some yagi models. I
would have thought that all I have to do is scale one of these models and
then make corrections for the physical construction.

Hi Richard,

If you do this literally so (even to element thickness). Some slop is
tolerable in going from one VHF frequency to another, but from HF to
VHF you need to scale closely.

One of these designs got to be wideband and maximised for gain I suppose.

4nec2 should resolve this - it is its purpose after all.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC