Old February 18th 05, 06:29 PM
Buck

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:45:03 -0000, "Richard"
wrote:

I'm wanting to build a receive VHF yagi covering the marine band, that is
from 156.025 - 162.05 Mhz (6 Mhz frequency range).

I want a design that maximises gain.

I would have thought that what I need is a wide-band yagi, but that's all,
not a very-wide band yagi.

Should I be using OWA design? Or what?

BTW, given the frequencies above, what is the yagi bandwith I'd require? I
mean, should I be building a yagi described as having a 6Mhz bandwith?

TIA.

On the receive side, I don't think you need to worry too much. If you
create a yagi for the center frequency, you may find very little
difference on the ends of the spectrum you want to monitor.

The wider spaced the elements, the narrower the bandwidth. I don't
know how much, if any, you will notice a difference at the band edges
with that beam.

Good luck

--
73 for now