Old February 18th 05, 09:40 PM
Richard

"Jerry Martes" wrote in message
news:FbsRd.2283$QQ3.1420@trnddc02...

Richard

I dont have any *one* Yagi design to recommend for your 160 MHz
application. But, I sure do like playing with Yagis. I have a few
questions about your design plan for this antenna.
The gain from a 3 or 4 element Yagi isnt more than you could get from a
omniazimuth colinear array, and I suppose you will prefer vertical
polarizathion.

Jerry

Actually maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree. Maybe a co-linear is the way
to go. I live about 70 miles from the sea, but maybe a good co-linear is as
good as a 4 element yagi. I can receive a marine station from my location,
and there is some marine traffic originating from canal boats about 30 miles
away.