Old February 19th 05, 03:03 AM
Bob Miller

On 18 Feb 2005 17:39:07 -0800, "
wrote:

Any ideas for a lightning arrestor for twinlead?

I'd want one connected during use even though I'd have a knife switch
thrown to ground outside the house when not operating.

We live on top of a hill...

tnx
jtm

I use banana plugs to disconnect the ladderline when it looks stormy.
Lately, I've found Radio Shake sells some pretty nice, heavy duty
banana plugs, better than what I've found at hard-core electronics
stores.

Not sure how well any lightning arrester would work, but the Wireman
sells a couple of arrestors for balanced line -- one, a contraption
with 2 spark plugs, the other, a device from I.C.E.

Bob
k5qwg