Old February 18th 05, 09:41 PM
Vinnie S.

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 04:51:23 -0800, Frank Gilliland
wrote:

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 05:26:14 -0500, Vinnie S.
wrote in :

snip
Holy crap, that might have done it. While I did not spreak the coil, it appeared
to be pushed or slanted to one side. I just straightened it out a bit. Seems to
work. Will still do alignment. I will get back to you !

That should stroke Dave's ego a little bit -- he needs it right about
now.

Frank, I have nothing against you or Dave. Dave has helped me quite a lot. I
appreciate that, who ever the person is that helps me.

But I would like to point out one thing. There in an underlying feeling in this
group, that there is some sort of prize, if you know more than someone. Almost
like there is a contest to one up someone else. I just don't get it. Are people
that insecure? With a couple of killfiles, I have cleaned most of the garbage of
this group. I don't kill file you or anyone, that can be informative or helpful.
Regardless of what side of the line you fall on.

But this is a perfect example. Dave did nothing but try to solve a problem for
me, and you take a swipe at him. Maybe you know more than him, or maybe he knows
more than you. But once you leave the area of the keyboard, who the hell really
cares? Does you wife care, do you friends care? Probably not. So why is it so
important that everyone here knows?

Vinnie S.