Old August 7th 03, 09:05 PM
Roger Basford

In message , steve H
writes
Hi,

Has anyone any information on this ATU, looks like balanced line only
input, seems to tune up a G5RV
ok, but will this take a few hundred watts from the KW 500 Linear??

Thanks,

Steve H

Hi Steve,

I've got the info for the EZE-Match if you want it. If the antenna is
very off-resonance then you'll have problems with the coils heating up
and melting the supports, even at moderate powers. The KW-107 I have is
allegedly good to 1 kW and it uses exactly the same circuitry and parts
as the EZE-Match. The EZE-Match only had balanced feeder connections but
the later models had coax outputs, antenna switching and a dummy load.
There's been some discussion on the KW_Radios Yahoo group about these
tuners in past week or so, might be worth taking a look.

Hope the KW-500 is working well!

73,
--
Roger Basford