Old February 18th 05, 09:38 PM
dxAce

lsmyer wrote:

That was one of the most painful threads I have ever read.

I was excited to find out that the 1108 was going to become a reality. I am
a big fan of Degen and I hope to place my order for this radio the very
first day it goes on sale.

I was even more excited (or even awed) to see that the engineer who was
responsible for two of the best radios this decade (Sat 800 and DE1103) was
actually sharing his time and energy with us, and was even letting us, the
listening and buying public, to help him design the best radio possible.

But then the xenophobic ranting started. I was shocked at first, but I hoped
that it was just a poorly executed cute remark that fell flat. But the
rantings continued. And there was definitely nothing cute about it. It was
intentionally mean, and I was horrified to realize that a fellow American
and dxer would stoop to such ignorant and mean-spirited rantings.

The thread then got too painful to read. I immediately blocked the offending
poster, but the memory of his ignorant ranting still sticks in my craw. In
fact, looking back, I can't even remember exactly who that hateful poster
was. I think he was a regular here, but his postings no longer appear on my
computer, so I can't be sure.

I guess all you'd have to do would be to look at your kill file to get an idea
of who it was then. Seems pretty darn simple to me.

dxAce
Michigan
USA