Old February 19th 05, 12:33 AM
Brian Hill

"Chris Hill" wrote in message
In my search for a communications receiver with voice I've ran
across a used one of these. Would anyone like to comment on what I'd
be losing over something more expensive/newer? The new Ten Tec r320d
is still cheaper, but I haven't heard much about it.

Thanks.

A lot of old Dxers use R-5000s including me. You won't be disapointed. Some
have complained about key bounce on the newmeric pads but I've never seen it
in the three I've owned. The one I have now has seen service daily for three
years. There one of the best radios ever made. Theres alot of good radios
out there now days. I like the NRD-525 too with an extension speaker of good
quality and the Icom R-75 is a good bang for the buck. Some R-8s are out
there for around four bills that are great performers. All these radios I've
mentioned are under $500. Good luck.

--
73 and good DXing.
Brian