Old February 19th 05, 03:59 AM

The sad part is that it was a group with such a narrow view of the
world that different cultures are threatening. Someone told me the
trolls have morphed into gangs on some of the news groups. This news
group is not there yet, but it is getting closer. That was probably the
first and last time someone from the radio manufacturing industry will
ask this group for their opinions on the design of a new radio. It was
truly a unique opportunity to actually have some input into the
features we would like to see on a radio. And we collectively blew it
because of the immature behavior and xenophobic attitude of a few.

Congratulations guys. You accomplished something that I'm sure you are
proud of and will take home and brag about to your family.

lsmyer wrote:
That was one of the most painful threads I have ever read.

I was excited to find out that the 1108 was going to become a

reality. I am
a big fan of Degen and I hope to place my order for this radio the

very
first day it goes on sale.

I was even more excited (or even awed) to see that the engineer who

was
responsible for two of the best radios this decade (Sat 800 and

DE1103) was
actually sharing his time and energy with us, and was even letting

us, the
listening and buying public, to help him design the best radio

possible.

But then the xenophobic ranting started. I was shocked at first, but

I hoped
that it was just a poorly executed cute remark that fell flat. But

the
rantings continued. And there was definitely nothing cute about it.

It was
intentionally mean, and I was horrified to realize that a fellow

American
and dxer would stoop to such ignorant and mean-spirited rantings.

The thread then got too painful to read. I immediately blocked the

offending
poster, but the memory of his ignorant ranting still sticks in my

craw. In
fact, looking back, I can't even remember exactly who that hateful

poster
was. I think he was a regular here, but his postings no longer appear

on my
computer, so I can't be sure.

I hope that wonderful engineer is able to forgive that crude

offender, and
that he doesn't hold all of us responsible for such horrible and
unacceptable behavior.