Old February 19th 05, 05:16 AM
Joe Analssandrini

Dear Brian,

There's nothing wrong with someone trying to sell an unwanted radio (or
any other unwanted item). eBay and similar places are excellent for
collectors trying to buy a missing piece of their collection, or for a
person who wants to re-buy a radio he/she had years ago.

But a person looking to buy a primary receiver for daily use should, in
my opinion, ALWAYS buy NEW, even if the new unit is of a somewhat
lesser "caliber" than a used unit. A reputable dealer will offer a US
warranty and will show interest in your satisfaction with your
purchase.

"The bitterness of poor quality lasts far longer than the sweetness of
low price."

Best,

Joe

P.S. Why WOULD you sell a perfectly good radio? I have never sold ANY
of mine. I wouldn't even CONSIDER selling a poorly-performing or broken
unit. I have, indeed, thrown them out!