Old February 19th 05, 05:39 AM
Conan Ford

running dogg wrote in :

Get this straight. Buying a Degen or Tecsun or any other Chinese made
product does NOT constitute de facto endorsement of the Chinese
Communist Party! You, apparently, are too dense to grasp this simple
fact. Listening to CRI, and/or receiving a QSL from them, does NOT
constitute endorsement of the CCP. I listen to Radio Havana all the
time, but I'm no fan of Fidel or his regime. I enjoy Cuba's
perspective on events, especially the Israeli-Palestinian war-they're
the only SW station that I can regularly receive that reports the
Palestinian side, a useful counterbalance to American domestic news,
which reports the Israeli side, when they report on it at all. Anyway,
listening to a certain SW station or buying products from a certain
country does not endorse that country's regime. All the Degen engineer
was trying to do was get feedback on his designs, and YOU GUYS turned
it into a political battle, when it shouldn't have been. Your blind
hatred of all things Chinese is as bad as Roedy Green's blind hatred
of all things US, and dxAce's blind hatred of, well, everything. Get a
clue already!

Absolutely right. It no more makes a radio consumer an endorser or support
of communism than the companies who are outsourcing their production to
China and elsewhere while making contributions to both political parties.