Old February 19th 05, 10:08 PM
NORMAN TRIANTAFILOS

what you want to build is a bandpass/reject tunable filter.you can tune it
to notch out the offending bcb station while letting everything else through

--
My Family Website--
http://mysite.verizon.net/res868sp/t...ily/index.html My
"Michael Lawson" wrote in message

"Michael" wrote in message
I just wanted to share the results an antenna experiment I did

tonight. In
the rain, no less.

The antenna was simple. 300 feet of solid core 20 gauge copper wire.

I ran
it from the 500 ohm connector of my R-75, out of the shack and all

the way
into the back yard. The yard extends about 200 feet, so I had to

double the
wire back in the direction of the shack for 100 feet.

No mater what I tune the dial to, I'm getting splashed from the

local 50
kilowatt am stations. The preselector doesn't clean it up either.

Every time I exceed 200 feet of wire, I have the same problem.

Weird...

You might want to put a high pass filter in place between
the longwire and the preselector, nulling out the AM band
as much as possible before the preselector. When I lived
closer to the antenna for WCKY 1530, I homebrewed one
that got rid of the AM BCB band. You can find the schematics
for one in the ARRL handbook or one of Joe Carr's Tech Notes
on DXing.com: http://www.dxing.com/tnotes/tnote06.pdf

--Mike L.

--Mike L.