Old August 11th 03, 05:37 PM
Jeffrey D Angus

John Byrns wrote:
Brings back memories of the 1950s, when "NIKE" missile bases ringed many
of our larger cities. I wonder when they were decommissioned, seems like
they were gone by the mid 1960s at the latest?

" Its predecessor, the smaller Nike Ajax, was in service from 1954
through about 1965. It had a range of 25 miles and a speed of mach 2.5."

http://www.ed-thelen.org/

http://www.boeing.com/history/mdc/nike.htm

http://alpha.fdu.edu/~bender/nikenws.html

Jeff

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
Tara Morice as Fran, from the movie "Strictly Ballroom"