Old February 20th 05, 03:22 AM
Dan Morisseau

running dogg wrote:

Two words: global warming. I heard on the BBC that scientists have
proved that the warming of the earth is due to human meddling. I've also
heard that the earth could warm up to 11 degrees over the next 50-100
years. The ice sheet over the Arctic has ALREADY lost an area equal to
the size of Texas AND Arizona. The Sacramento River delta in
California-the source for most of the agricultural water in the central
valley, and of SoCal's drinking water-is going to change from fresh
water to salt water over the next few decades, making it unusable for
any human use. Hang on folks, there's more coming...

You really do need to read this:

http://www.crichton-official.com/spe...s_quote04.html

It's lengthy and requires some concentration, but don't let that scare
you off. There's more to science (and reality) than what you hear on
your favorite radio program .. or than what matches your media driven
preconceptions.

--
Milepost 11.7 - UPRR Jeff City Sub - N 38°34'53", W 90°22'32", 680'
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to