Old February 21st 05, 10:08 AM
Andre

Local metal work shop have them.....they are called Arc welders!!! LOL

Andre
"gwatts" wrote in message
wb0gaz wrote:
I'm looking for design (or at least pointer to some information about)
for a switching power supply that would provide about 1KV @ 2A given
110/220VAC input. A commercial product would work too, but I've never
seen such a thing. It need not be regulated, but I would want it to be
switching (to reduce weight/size.) I am having trouble getting started
on my search for information.

Hi Dave,
QEX had an article in the February 1991 issue by W9QQ about such a
beast, with a corrigendum in the August '91 issue and a comment in the
December, '91 issue.

I was well along in the paper phase of a design when I saw an ad in QST

for
http://www.wattsunlimited.com/
where you can get a kit or assembled HV switching supply. They claim
1.1 amps at 2500 VDC, you could probably wind the secondary for 1 kV or
have them do it for you.

I haven't sunk the money in it yet, other things getting in the way but
it looks like an easy way to get HV at an amp or two.

W8LNA