Old February 21st 05, 06:33 PM
Buck

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:10:00 GMT, "
wrote:

Roy allow me to be a bit more directive regarding my pursuit.
I am trying to see what methods that can be used for maximum gain.
Having made many a long boom yagi 80 feet and 13 elements I have
come to the cinclusion that thinking must move away from Yagi's.
If one starts with a balloon squeezed in the center we get the figure 8
pattern.
I think we all can agree on that
My logic is that we must find a way to move all the volume at the rear to
the front thus increasing
the front diameter before we begin to massage it. The present thinking is
one sqeeze at the rear
is the best that one can do. It is here that I part company with the norm.
If we move all the volume to the front then talk of gain/boom length becomes
moot.

This sounds like a place for the horn antenna similar to what we use
in microwave communications.

You have an interesting approach.

I am sure you have considered this, but how well do the multiple
reflectors work with the yagi? not so much those in line with the
elements as those that form a wall behind the driven element or the
first reflector.

Buck

--
73 for now