Old February 21st 05, 05:25 PM
clvrmnky

On 21/02/2005 5:05 AM, Conan Ford wrote:
"Brian Hill" wrote in
:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...73&item=575352
2185&rd=1

"I provide shipping costs to the winning bidder only."

Oh yeah that's good.

Buyer: How much for shipping?

Seller: $200

Buyer: !)@#$*(!!

Seller: Want negative feedback?

Buyer: No.... (whimper)

Seller: pay up. It's $250 now.

You can complain to eBay if you get scammed like this. The seller
agrees to charge "reasonable" shipping costs, and you are not expected
to pay obviously inflated shipping costs even if you win the auction.

Anyway, negative feedback works both ways.

The problem (for me) is that I often don't know where the buyer lives
until the bidding is done. Since I send stuff by post, the cost can
vary greatly depending on the destination. I feel it's fairer to not
charge a flat rate to the farthest destination when I might be selling
to someone just up the street.