Old February 22nd 05, 01:48 PM

Asimov
That's right, because every thing is known about antennas
And when something new comes along many will say they knew that all
the time
Art

"Asimov" wrote in message
" bravely wrote to "All" (21 Feb 05 19:20:16)
--- on the heady topic of " F to B and F to rear"

How about stuffing a dielectric type material between the elements so
that the antenna can be made a lot shorter though it still remains
electrically resonnant? How about making antennas 3 dimensional
instead of on a single plane? How about using newly discovered
materials exploiting their strange new properties.?

I don't mean to upset any apple carts but this stuff has been done for
almost 200 years and no really new ideas have been introduced since
the past half century.

A*s*i*m*o*v

au From: "
au Xref: aeinews rec.radio.amateur.antenna:5555

au The idea of 'reflectors' is perhaps the wrong approach, I prefer the
au term deflectors
au as one sees when rays hit a knife edge. Also close coupling enables
au elements to
au be current heavy and others voltage heavy such that it would appear
au that a element was doing nothing when in fact it is the link for more
au current loaded elements
au in cluster form. A wall that you suggest can indeed reflect and absorb
au radio waves but a
au wall is beyond my means thus resonance remains a important function of
au change.
au But then close coupling of elements together with the deflection
au aproach has been
au dissed many times over the years with me and always ends in derision
au of the author
au Time will tell but experimentation can be enjoyable especially when a
au trail of past results
au suggests that my rubicon is at hand and close to submission to RADCOM
au where experimentation is still valued.

au Heh, no politics here or religeon so all can join in without fear
au especially those who are willing
au to consider and pursue 'outside of the box' ideas that others
au distain., in order to gain better
au understanding
au Regards
au Art

au "Buck" wrote in message
au ...
On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:10:00 GMT, "
wrote:

Roy allow me to be a bit more directive regarding my pursuit.
I am trying to see what methods that can be used for maximum gain.
Having made many a long boom yagi 80 feet and 13 elements I have
come to the cinclusion that thinking must move away from Yagi's.
If one starts with a balloon squeezed in the center we get the figure 8
pattern.
I think we all can agree on that
My logic is that we must find a way to move all the volume at the rear to
the front thus increasing
the front diameter before we begin to massage it. The present thinking is
one sqeeze at the rear
is the best that one can do. It is here that I part company with the

norm.
If we move all the volume to the front then talk of gain/boom length
becomes
moot.

.... Acme Corp: Unlimited credit for disadvantaged coyotes.