Old August 28th 03, 06:18 PM
W5DXP

Richard Clark wrote:
So, Cecil (George, Peter, et alii), do you have an answer?

Years ago, I had a discussion with Jeff, WA6AHL, here on this
newsgroup. I suggested that the impedance looking back into
the source might be Vsource/Isource, i.e. the transformed
dynamic load line. However, I have never taken a strong stand
on source impedance. If reflections are blocked from being
incident upon the source, as they are in most Z0-matched
systems, the source impedance doesn't matter since there
exists nothing to reflect from the source impedance.

My basic approach is to achieve a Z0-match and therefore
forget about source impedance.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp