Old July 10th 03, 05:46 PM
Myron

Default Grounding an auto antenna tuner

I just purchased an Icom AH4 antenna tuner and intend to use it to feed a 28
foot length of wire in a narrow attic crawl space.

I know the tuner needs to be grounded and wonder whether a ground wire
connected to an AC outlet ground is effective somewhat as an RF ground in
this circumstance. I hesitate calling attention to any antenna wiring by
running a heavy wire down the outside of the condo.

The other alternative would be to try and load a 28 foot dipole using one
side (14') connected to the ground on the tuner. I just don't know if this
setup would load well on too many bands.

Anyone have any ideas?