Old July 15th 03, 05:25 PM

I'm not antenna adept, so in trying to read between the lines I have a few questions

Here is my ASCII art diagram....

XMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
M F
M F
M F
M F
M F
M F
M F
M F
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGG

M= metal strip.
X= corner where metal strip is bent.
F = feed
G = ground plane.

How is the feed setup?
If I am driving it with coax the ground braid ends at the ground plane and the center conductor goes
up to the FM junction point?

The strip is 1/4 wavelength off of the ground plane, but how long is it from the bend to the end?
How wide is it?

What frequency did you build it for?

How did it work?

Paul KL7JG

guy, so On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 05:06:54 GMT, Richard Clark wrote:

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 20:41:53 -0700, wrote:

I would like to build a 908Mhz turnstile.

How does one normally go about testing and adjusting an
antenna at that high of frequency?

For a lower frequency I can hook up a MFJ antenna analizer or an SWR
meter,.

I want to build a 900Mhz antenna with a hemispherical pattern.
It is going on an RC plane, so a normal vertical style antenna will
be problematic as it will have a null straight down.

So I though a turnstile antenna would be perfect.

Any advise on designing such a device?

Paul Kl7JG

Hi Paul,

1. build a 90.8MHz version and scale it down;
2. build an Inverted-F
see:
http://www.qsl.net/kb7qhc/antenna/In...%20F/index.htm

73's