Old August 20th 03, 03:12 AM
Space Charge

Default Best Way of Matching Two 6146's?

Need some informed opinion, as I've heard various things about finals
that use two 6146's, like my TX-1 Apache:

1. Make sure the transconductance on both is very close.

2. Make sure the plate current on both is very close.

3. Make sure BOTH are close, especially the plates, which should be
within 2ma, and _both_ should be either 6146, 6146A, or 6146B. Don't
mix types.

4. None of the above matter, so long as both test well on a good
checker. (I use a Hickock/'Hiccup' 539B.)

Can someone shed some light on this? What's correct?

Thanks to the group in advance,

Lin/KJ6EF
For email responses, remove "nospam_".