Old February 23rd 05, 12:04 AM
Gary Schafer

I can't imagine what they want a two tone signal for in alignment.
Maybe to set the alc level?

To do much else with it you also need a spectrum analyzer.

73
Gary K4FMX

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:32:18 -0800, AB7RU
wrote:

I wonder what kind of unit ICOM would use when they got to this step
in the transmitter alignment for my 751A when they are suppossed to
use the 2 tones... I emailed them, I'll post back what they say.
Mike AB7RU

Automated Industrial Electronics had an option where you could tie two
of those boxes together and generate two tones at once if I remember
right. Pretty rare though.

They did also make a specific two tone generator box for ssb. They did
have a pretty good sine wave out. You probably won't see many around
though.

73
Gary K4FMX