Old February 23rd 05, 07:57 PM
Dave Platt

In article ,
Gary Schafer wrote:

Yes I know it is a standard IMD test. :) That is why I asked what
they were doing with two tones without a spectrum analyzer.

You left out the last part of my post.
"To do much else with it you also need a spectrum analyzer."

Here's my guess: it's a standard, which would be available in almost
any professional radio test lab.

Hence, it may simply be a convenient signal to use when performing
ALC and audio-pathway calibrations.

As is sometimes said, "The best thing about a standard is, sometimes,
that it's a standard. If it happens to be a _good_ standard, so much
the better!"

--
Dave Platt AE6EO