Old August 24th 03, 03:05 AM
--Bill M--

BFoelsch wrote:
As a ham radio operator for 40+ years, I agree, but I note that progress has
been made.
Today, not only is Morse code obsolete, but ham radio itself is obsolete!

I've only been a ham for 34 years and as far as I'm concerned it was
obsolete then as it pertains to the over-glorified things like a
"reservoir of skilled technicians and communications experts". No
biggie, but its still a great hobby. I can work DXCC on a cellfone in
less than an hour and I get WAC daily via SPAM.
If efficiency of communications was the only issue then hamming would
have died a long time ago.
Oh, did I mention it as hobby? I don't see RC Airplanes being
"obsolete" because we now have Boeing 757s.

-Bill