Old February 23rd 05, 03:30 PM
Al Patrick

RJ wrote:

I do need some advice regarding some other elements
of God's Laws and how to follow them:

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and
female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A
friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not
Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

You don't even own yourself.

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in
Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think a fair price
would be for her?

If she's like her pop she's probably not worth much. Best just give her
away. :-)

3. I know that I am not allowed to contact with a woman while she is
in her period of menstrual uncleanness (Lev. 15:19-24) The
problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women
take offense.

You aren't supposed to ask, or know about, "most women" !

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates
a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev.1:9). The problem is, my
neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should
I smite them?

Have you been by a good steak house about 6 or 7 PM lately? You need to
take one of your neighbors out to supper with you. They'll change their
minds about the smell of char-broiled steak!

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus
35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally
obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do
it?

First you need to learn when the Sabbath begins and ends to be sure you
aren't following some tradition of men. Are you referring to Lunar
Lunacy? The Solar Sabbath? The "legal" day - midnight to midnight? Or
are you referring to the Jewish "sabbath" which they claim begins on one
day and ends on another; i.e. sundown Friday to sundown Saturday?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an
abomination (Lev. 11:10), it is a less abomination than
homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there
'degrees' of abomination.

There are 'degrees' of 'rewards' for both good and evil deeds.

7. Lev. 21:20 sates that I may not approach the altar of God if I
have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading
glasses. Does my vision have to b e 20/20, or is there some
wiggle-room here?

You're not a priest. ... At least I surely hope you're not!

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the
hair around their temples, even though this is expressly
forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

I suspect your head is already round and ALL your friends are male!
Birds of a feather flock together. Why would YOU kill YOUR friends? ;-)

9. I know from Lev. 11:-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes
me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

These laws don't apply to some people. They were for GOD'S people to
live by! Eat all the swine you like. The trichinosis is FREE!

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two
different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing
two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also
tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that
we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to
stone them? (Lev. 24:10-16) Could we just burn them death at a
private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with
their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

Just as the previous question. These laws were for a peculiar,
separated, chosen, holy people. I doubt they apply at all to YOU.

However, you might be surprised how much healthier and happier we'd all
be if we did NOT eat genetically engineered foods, wear clothing of
different materials or have disobedient children! Think about it!

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy
considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can
help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and
unchanging.

rj