Old February 23rd 05, 11:29 PM

..J.S... wrote:

But does that mean there is no ground loss that could be reduced by
improving the ground quality ?

Sure, you can further reduce losses, but I couldn't really tell
you if it's worth the trouble or not...Up to you I guess...
But note that BC stations using 1/2 waves still use 120 1/2 wave
radials in most cases. Or I believe anyway. It would take a
lot less wire to just elevate the antenna..If you had it up
higher, I doubt you would see much difference, radials or not.
In that case, you are more worried about feedline decoupling,
than ground loss. When I run 1/2 waves, they are always elevated
a good bit. IE: 10m...Usually 20-30-40 ft depending on what
mast I'm using. In a case like that, ground radials would
pretty much be a waste of time and wire. MK