Old February 23rd 05, 11:31 PM
Brian Oakley

"RJ" wrote in message

I do need some advice regarding some other elements
of God's Laws and how to follow them:

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and
female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A
friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not
Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor
free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in
Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think a fair price
would be for her?

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor
free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

3. I know that I am not allowed to contact with a woman while she is
in her period of menstrual uncleanness (Lev. 15:19-24) The
problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women
take offense.

Exodus 20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery. If your wife wont tell you
then you need to go to counseling.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates
a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev.1:9). The problem is, my
neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should
I smite them?

Matthew 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever
shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. Sounds
like its evil to smite someone.

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus
35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally
obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do
it?

Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in
respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: He
doesnt have to observe the Shabbat the same way you do.

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an
abomination (Lev. 11:10), it is a less abomination than
homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there
'degrees' of abomination.

Acts 10:On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the
city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:
Acts 10:10 And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they
made ready, he fell into a trance,
Acts 10:11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him,
as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the
earth:
Acts 10:12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and
wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
Acts 10:13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
Acts 10:14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing
that is common or unclean.
Acts 10:15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath
cleansed, that call not thou common.

Romans 1:Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Romans 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image
made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and
creeping things.
Romans 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts
of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Romans 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and
served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even
their women did change the natural use into that which is against natu
Romans 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman,
burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is
unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which
was meet.

Think about it.

7. Lev. 21:20 sates that I may not approach the altar of God if I
have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading
glasses. Does my vision have to b e 20/20, or is there some
wiggle-room here?

Leviticus 21:21 No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest
shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the LORD made by fi he hath a
blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God.

Are you of the seed of Aaron the priest?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the
hair around their temples, even though this is expressly
forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

Are you one of the ancient Hebrews that went into the land?

Leviticus 19:23 And when ye shall come into the land, ......

9. I know from Lev. 11:-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes
me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

Yes, since footballs arent made out of pigskin.

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two
different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing
two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also
tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that
we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to
stone them? (Lev. 24:10-16) Could we just burn them death at a
private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with
their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

John 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said
unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at
her.

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy
considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can
help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and
unchanging.

rj

Anytime.