Old February 23rd 05, 11:58 PM
Brian Oakley

"Simon Mason" wrote in message

"Al Patrick" wrote in message

However, you might be surprised how much healthier and happier we'd all

be
if we did NOT eat genetically engineered foods, wear clothing of

different
materials or have disobedient children! Think about it!

My granddad ate F1 hybrid tomatoes all his life and it did him no harm.

Hybrid tomatoes are not genetically engineered.

My
cycling top is made of man made fibres and is far superior to cotton or

wool
which just get damp,

And that cycling top was maded from oil out of the ground that God created.
No secrets here.

but what I really want to know is this. One of the ten
commandments says thou shall not kill.

Last week, I got an infected elbow joint which had bacteria in it. My

doctor
gave me some antibiotics. Have I committed a mortal sin by killing the
bacteria?

Well, firtly lets consider the context of killing.
The context here is as it applies to people.

Genesis 4:And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when
they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew
him.
Genesis 4:9 And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he
said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?
Genesis 4:10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's
blood crieth unto me from the ground.
Genesis 4:11 And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her
mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;

So we can see that killing someone is not good.

Now, lets look at animals.

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:
and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of
the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every
creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

So we see that man has dominion over the animal and plant kingdom.

John 21:9 As soon then as they were come to land, they saw a fire of coals
there, and fish laid thereon, and bread.

Here Jesus and His diciples are about to have breakfast of fish and bread.
The fish die before they are eaten (unless someone takes a hankerin to
swallowing live goldfish or something). The death of the animal was to the
benefit of those people who partook.
Now lets look at your situation, as fanciful as youve made it to be. If you
kill the bacteria to keep yourself alive, the same principal of taking the
life of an animal to keep you from harm still applies. Wether it by by
eating or by preventing attack upon your body. Think about that.