Old February 24th 05, 08:45 PM
Mike Silva

real-radio-ham wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the link, I did a google but used the word valve rather

than
tube, must remember that for the future when searching for American

valves.

It's going in a HB CW TX, 6j6-807-803 on 80 and 40. If I can find a

mod
transformer big enough it may even end up on AM now that we have the

band
extension on 40.

Sounds interesting! That 6J6 is going to get lost in there with those
big tubes.

Funny quirk about the 803 is that they require about 40V on the
suppressor grid. Don't know if that was common for power pentodes of
that era, or something special about the 803.

73,
Mike, KK6GM