Old February 24th 05, 10:09 PM
Dan/W4NTI

And when the bull dozer cuts the phone line? Right.

Dan/W4NTI

"N9OGL" wrote in message
ups.com...
Like I said BB I would like to see them come up with something
different. Secondly I really doubt that 600,000 amateurs came up with
the same idea, if they did the system would be in place but it's not.
nor, would I be in the postion to defend those "appliance users" on
this newsgroup. Finally, the whole point is, amateurs are going to have
to get it in their head to compete with the internet. compete in the
sense of coming up with new ideas and new modes of communication to get
people into the hobby. without people you will not have an amateur
radio service. This is the 21st century and amateurs are still using
outdated modes of communication. As I stated before if you were to go
on the street and ask the average person if they had a choice between
amateur rado and the internet the vast majority would pick the
internet. Sure a lot of people don't know or ever heard of amateur
radio, but at the same time if you were to explain it to them they
would probabaly still pick the internet. they can do everything an
amateur radio operator can do on the internet mode wise and more.
Amateurs are falling behind in the tech world the problem with is those
outdate CB operators/appliance users who don't want the system to
change and fear anything new.

Todd M9OGL

bb wrote:
Todd Daugherty wrote:

Like I said you whiney like bitch whore I ****ing
dare you come up with something different.

Todd N9OGL

Todd, I think you need to work on the delivery a little more.

About 600,000 USA hams just tuned out your ideas.