Old August 25th 03, 03:59 AM

Let us welcome the new additions to our ranks:
I'm so old I remember when there were quite a few who could
build their own rig!! From scratch!! Cheers, JLS

I built one when I was 14 but talked illegally on it.

My wife (a non-ham then) never could understand why I built a one-tube
xmtr and a one-tube rcvr (both powered by a one-tube power supply), made
one contact (CW, of course), and then tore the rig apart.

But it was fun, and I needed those parts for the next project.

--Myron, W0PBV.
--
Five boxes preserve our freedoms: soap, ballot, witness, jury, and cartridge
PhD EE (retired). "Barbershop" tenor. CDL(PTX). W0PBV. (785) 539-4448